Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yeah I don't update often...eat me.

Yeah it has been a while hasn't it folks. Been rather busy but I assure you there is no shortage in the ammount of idiocy that is crammed in my ear hole by my lovely customurz. Here is a little story on how NOT to sound intelligent.



Often as a negotiation tactic, analogies are used,( for those of you that don't know what that is click here http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/analogy) and it is not just reserved to me using them. I had an individual call in and try a feeble attempt at a verbal jab, normally I just ignore it but the sheer ignorance was lighting up the neurons in by brain like fire so I felt the need to counter his ignorance with a logic missile.



Now if you have been reading my BLOG you should know by now my profession is customer service for a truck rental company.(And no I am still not going to out myself and say which.)

I get a guy who calls in and we had his truck but none of the furniture pads, unfortunately for the customer the only thing we could do was not charge for them since we didn't have any. This customer of course didn't have the capability to hear the words "and that is all we can do" when people say them. So he gets mad and tries to make this exact statement.



Idiot: "I just don't think you get it, you not having the furniture pads is like me reserving a flight with Delta and them not having a plane."



Now lets stop for a minute, lets do basis of an analogy, generally when you perform an analogy the items or situations involved should be similar like for example plane is to truck whereas furniture pads are to... lets say in flight meal. We had the truck for the customer, he could have still moved without the pads therefore his analogy was crap. Hey lets check out my response.



High Phone Lord Pollux: " Actually sir I believe you meant this situation would be like you reserving a flight with Delta and then when you asked for the in flight meal they told you they were out."

Idiot: "What"

I hung up on him.. I swear there should be an IQ test before people are allowed to call us.





Word to the wise boys and girls if you are going to try to go head to head with me verbally please don't be an idiot when you do it, its more of a nuisance to me when I get a verbal opponent that doesn't provide an adequate challenge.

No comments: